Tender Greek chicken skewered and grilled with fresh, crunchy vegetables. A Mediterranean marinade perfectly seasons these Greek chicken kebabs and transfers the palate to the Greek streets.
It’s all about marinade! Greek chicken kebabs have a strong flavor in a delicious marinade. I attach great importance to marinating the meat before grilling it. For steak, chicken and Asian-inspired meats, try this proven true fan-favorite marinade.
Greek Chicken Kebab Recipe
I love making kebabs for the grill. Because it is not only delicious, but also easy to make. It also works for even the most picky eaters as everyone can put anything they want! The marinade for this Greek chicken kebab tenderizes the chicken to perfection and is seasoned for maximum flavor! Greek chicken kebabs really go together when grilled to perfection with vegetables!
I love good kebabs because they make dinner time so much easier. All the dinner ingredients are on one skewer, so it’s a lot of fun to eat! The kids are so excited to make this steak kebab, but my husband really likes the shrimp kebab. But don’t worry! If you are a vegetarian then my vegetable kebabs are perfect for you! In fact, I love to cook grilled vegetables for almost any side dish.
Ingredients needed for Greek Chicken Kebab
Greek chicken kebabs are the best because all the ingredients are grilled together on a skewer. So what you see is what you get! The exact weighing of the ingredients can be found on the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- olive oil: Olive oil adds moisture to the chicken and makes a great base for marinades.
- Red Wine Vinegar: It adds a tangy taste.
- Dried Oregano: This classic seasoning is essential for Greek-inspired food.
- garlic: Fresh minced garlic is always a must, but if you have minced garlic on hand, you can also use the minced garlic in the jar!
- salt: Salt helps bring out the flavor and season of the chicken.
- pepper: Pepper is a great marinade seasoning.
- lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon juice adds shine to all flavors.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast: Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces so that the chicken is cooked evenly.
- pepper: Red bell peppers are great for roasting!
- zucchini: I love the pumpkin in these kebabs! It is soft, delicious and adds a pretty color.
- Red Onion: Onions complement any taste well.
- stick: I like to use metal skewers, but wooden skewers are fine. Soak wooden skewers for 20 minutes to avoid burning.
- Tzatziki Sauce Recipe: My tzatziki sauce is perfect with this Greek chicken kebab! Store-bought products also work well.
- Pita Bread: The sliced pita bread on the side is optional but our kids love it!
Let’s make kebabs!
Preparing the ingredients ahead of time for this Greek chicken kebab is easy to assemble. I love to marinate the chicken first in the morning and quickly chop the vegetables just before skewering. A quick and easy one-week meal!
- Making the marinade: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and juice of 1 lemon.
- Chicken Marinade: Place chicken cubes in a bowl and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat: Preheat the grill over medium heat.
- Chicken and Vegetable Skewers: Place chicken, zucchini, peppers and onions on skewers.
- Grill Kebab: Bake on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until they are no longer pink.
- Offer: Served with pita and chachiki sauce for dipping on the side.
What to Serve with Greek Chicken Kebab
I love the combination of protein and vegetables in this meal! However, if you want to serve these kebabs with other delicious sides, we have a few ideas.
- gig: Orzo pasta or lemon rice is my favorite cereal along with Greek chicken kebabs.
- fruit: Add fruit to round out the whole meal. Because…YUM!
- salad: Keep the theme and serve Greek salad with kebabs! When you want to keep your meal gluten-free, remove the chicken pieces and greens from the skewers and place them right into the salad.
- Hummus: Hummus is a delicious dip full of texture and flavor, so serve it on the side like the Greeks do.
storage of leftovers
My favorite way to store leftovers is to take the grilled chicken and vegetables off the skewers and put them in the refrigerator. It’s easy to reheat kebabs and even more convenient for lunch the next day!
- In the refrigerator: Store cooked kebabs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To reheat: Remove the chicken and vegetables from the skewers and place in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until warm to the core.
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and the juice of 1 lemon.
Place chicken cubes in a bowl and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill over medium heat.
Place chicken, zucchini, peppers and onions on skewers.
Bake on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until they are no longer pink.
Served with pita and chachiki sauce for dipping on the side.
clothing materialOnekebabcalorie191kcal (10%)carbohydrate6g (2%)protein17g (34%)Fat11g (17%)saturated fat2g (10%)polyunsaturated fatOnegmonounsaturated fat7gtrans fat0.01gcholesterol48mg (16%)salt287mg (12%)potassium465mg (13%)fiber2g (8%)sugarthreeg (three%)vitamin A728IU (15%)vitamin C43mg (52%)calcium34mg (three%)steelOnemg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and is only estimates. Each recipe and nutritional values vary depending on the brand used, the measurement method, and serving sizes per household.
Updated, written and published by Meja Makan