These tender cabbage steaks are so juicy and flavorful! Every chunk is seasoned to perfection with soy sauce, chili powder, paprika, crimson pepper flakes, and a splash of lemon!
Who stated consuming extra greens was a foul factor? You are going to love my cauliflower steak, steamed asparagus, and sauteed brussels sprouts recipes! They’re so scrumptious, you will overlook you are maintaining a healthy diet.
Simple Roasted Cabbage Steaks Recipe
I have been on just a little little bit of a cabbage kick not too long ago. Sausage and cabbage and stuffed cabbage soup have been frequenting the dinner lineup at our home. I simply love how versatile cabbage is! It absorbs taste so effectively and is so tender and scrumptious! Positively in my high 3 favourite greens. I posted a recipe for cauliflower steaks a number of months again, amazed at how easy seasonings and some minutes of roasting can rework greens! I made a decision to do this technique out with thick-cut slices of cabbage, and let me inform you- cabbage steaks are a must-try.
You possibly can truthfully eat these as-is, they’re so satisfying! Additionally they work nice as a hearty aspect dish. To get the proper mouthwatering taste, all you have to do is combine up soy sauce with a number of spices and throw your steaks within the oven! Every time I’ve made these cabbage steaks, they’ve turned out deliciously. I at all times need to eat them straight out of the oven. They scent wonderful and have the most effective texture. You may truthfully overlook you are solely consuming greens! Even the carnivores in your loved ones will take pleasure in them, I promise!
Every little thing You may Must Make Them
No journey to the grocery retailer is required right here, only a journey to your spice rack! These cabbage steaks come along with the most straightforward substances. You could find measurements for every ingredient beneath within the recipe card!
- Cabbage: Select a pair heads of cabbage which can be shiny in colour, agency, and with none brown spots or blemishes! They’re the star of the present, in spite of everything.
- Soy Sauce: That is the inspiration of your marinade. It helps to tenderize the cabbage steaks and add savory taste. Kikkoman is at all times my go-to!
- Olive Oil: A little bit olive oil helps seasonings and spices to stay.
- Lemon Juice: You possibly can’t go fallacious with just a little little bit of zest!
- Honey: Balances out flavors and creates the proper glaze texture.
- Smoked Paprika: Smoked paprika is the most effective. It is so wealthy and savory!
- Chili Powder: Provides a shiny splash of warmth to your greens.
- Crushed Pink Pepper Flakes: When added moderately, crimson pepper flakes give roasted greens a touch of heat spice. For those who’re trying to flip up the warmth, add extra to style!
- Salt and Pepper: Each will improve your steaks’ total taste.
The best way to Make Cabbage Steaks in Oven
4 easy steps is all it takes! These yummy cabbage steaks solely require a couple of minutes of prep after which it is hands-off as soon as they go within the oven! Ready is the toughest half.
- Preheat Oven, Reduce Cabbage: First, preheat oven to 425 levels F. Reduce cabbage in 1 inch slices making 4-5 small disks.
- Put together Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk collectively soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, smoked paprika, chili powder, crimson pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Baste: Lay the cabbage disks on a baking sheet and baste the sauce on generously.
- Bake and Serve: Subsequent, bake for 20-25 minutes or till the cabbage is tender and crispy on the skin.
Ideas and Variations
Listed here are a number of methods to change up and ideal your cabbage steaks! Since cabbage takes the flavour of no matter you cook dinner it with, these steaks are tremendous simple to customise with your entire favourite flavors. You are going to love how they prove!
- Make it Vegan: You possibly can simply make this recipe vegan by swapping out the honey for maple syrup!
- Use Purple Cabbage: Use purple cabbage for a extra colourful model of this dish! Moreover, purple cabbage has 10x the vitamin A of standard cabbage, making it a more healthy selection.
- Change Up Taste: As a substitute of soy sauce and spices, I typically prefer to make a zestier model of those by combining melted butter with lemon pepper seasoning. Cajun spices style nice as a substitute, too!
- Serve With: Cabbage steaks are nice eaten on their very own, but in addition accompany meat dishes very well. Pork tenderloin and garlic roasted rooster are a few of my favorites. For a extra conventional pairing, serve your steaks alongside corned beef!
Storing Leftover Roasted Cabbage
Cabbage steaks are nice for storing and reheating! Pop them within the oven and so they’ll style simply nearly as good as once you first made them.
- Within the Fridge: Retailer cabbage steaks in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
- Within the Freezer: In an hermetic container, your cabbage steaks will final for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- Reheating: To maintain your leftover cabbage from getting soggy, I at all times prefer to reheat it within the oven. Pop your steaks within the oven for 4-5 minutes at 350 levels Fahrenheit.
Preheat oven to 425 levels F. Reduce cabbage in 1 inch slices making 4-5 small disks.
In a small bowl whisk collectively soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, smoked paprika, chili powder, crimson pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
Lay the cabbage disks on a baking sheet and baste the sauce on generously.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or till the cabbage is tender and crispy on the skin.
Energy219kcal (11%)Carbohydrates37g (12%)Protein7g (14%)Fats8g (12%)Saturated FatsOneg (5%)Polyunsaturated FatsOnegMonounsaturated Fats5gsodium899mg (37%)Potassium831mg (24%)Fiber12g (48%)Sugar24g (27%)Vitamin A803IU (16%)Vitamin C168mg (204%)Calcium188mg (19%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.